Call Ast & Schmidt, P.C. at 973-363-2260
If you are a commercial landlord who had a tenant file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, our attorneys can help you protect your rights as a creditor and help guide you through the complex Chapter 11 process.
Why Choose Our Attorneys?
- Our Firm Has Practiced Bankruptcy Law in New Jersey for 30+ Years
- We Have Represented Numerous Commercial Landlords
- We Are Available After Hours by Appointment
- Our Attorneys Provide Clear Advice & Realistic Expectations
We can represent you directly, or we can represent you as local counsel if you already have out-of-state or in-house counsel. Whatever the case may be, you can count on working directly with one of our qualified lawyers. We won't pass you off to an assistant or paralegal—you will be working directly with one of our bankruptcy lawyers, each fully equipped to handle these complex cases.
An attorney from Ast & Schmidt, P.C. can help you handle matters that involve and aren't limited to:
- Administrative claims for post-petition rents due
- Post-petition lease covenants
- Motions for assumption/rejection of lease
- Proof of Claim for pre-petition amounts
- Proof of Claim for lease rejection damages
- Defense against motions to reduce or modify Proof of Claim
- Analysis of the debtor’s Disclosure Statement and Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization
- Analysis of a proposed sale of assets that could include leasehold interest for your property
Many of these and other issues crop very early in a Chapter 11 case. Even if the debtor/tenant surrenders the premises or rejects your lease, you likely still have claims to assert. Our attorneys are available to answer any questions you may have concerning your legal options.
We recognized that the bankruptcy statutes that pertain to landlord/tenant rights are particularly complex and confusing. At Ast & Schmidt, P.C., we can ensure you know your rights under the Bankruptcy Code, and how the Chapter 11 bankruptcy your tenant filed can affect you.
Call us at 973-363-2260 today to schedule your free initial consultation.