Firm Partner Robert L. Schmidt earned his Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Finance from Stockton State College in 1990. Three years later, he earned his Master’s degree from Rutgers University School of Business in Camden with a major in finance. Robert then acquired his J.D. from James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University in 1997.
This multifaceted background in finance, business administration, and law has allowed Robert to devote the last 20 years to assisting financially distressed individuals and small businesses throughout northern and central New Jersey. He handles cases involving bankruptcy, creditor negotiation, foreclosure defense, and commercial transactions and litigation. Additionally, Robert has prosecuted and defended clients in litigation matters and appeals before the United States District Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, and Superior Court of New Jersey.
Robert is currently the co-chair of the Morris County Bar Association Bankruptcy Section and has spent years instructing younger attorneys as a Barrister for the New Jersey Bankruptcy Section of American Inns of Court. He is a frequent speaker at bankruptcy seminars throughout the state.
- New Jersey, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- Morris County Bar Association, 2010 - Present
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Barrister
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Pro Bono Work
- Mercer, Somerset and Morris Counties. 2000 - Present
- Federal Bankruptcy Court, 2010 – Present